Today I’m showing you how to make this super frugal DIY WELCOME SIGN. It is a great way to dress up your front porch without spending a ton of money. Right now we are getting read for fall decorating, so I know you will want to jazz up your front porch. This is such a cute welcome banner to dress up your front door.
EASY DIY WELCOME SIGN
Materials you need for DIY welcome sign:
- 6ft common board
- 9″ cardboard letter stencils
- Any two colors of paint samples (Behr and Valspar have great ones – You can also find paint samples on Amazon for around $5 shipped)
- Foam paint brush
- Small tipped paint brush
- Fine grit sand paper
How to make our front porch welcome banner:
1. Lightly sand the front and edges of your board with sand paper
2. Dust off your board and begin painting the lightest color you choose, using your foam paint brush
3. Let your board dry (about 30-45 minutes)
4. Place your letter C in the center of your board and trace lightly with a pencil
5. Now that you know where the center of your board is, you can start adding your other letters (to spell welcome) and lightly tracing them as well
6. Use your small tipped paint brush, begin outlining your letters with your second color paint, then fill them in
7. No need for second coats, once your letters have dried, begin lightly sanding the whole board to get a vintage effect
8. Place on your front porch for a nice spring or fall decoration
Painting words on wood is alot easier than you think.
With this easy technique you will be a pro at painting words on wood and can make all kinds of adorable signs for your family.
Painting quotes on wood is easy too:
You can take this same easy technique and start painting quotes on wood to make more fun signs for your front porch or for around your house.
How much did this cost?
I already had the wood, and the paint samples.
I just had to pay for the sandpaper and the stencil. That means this easy project cost me less than $5 to make! Now you know that is easy and frugal. You can make this too!
Learn how to make a DIY Blanket Ladder for a fraction of the cost of store bought.
More DIY Projects:
- DIY Champagne Flute Candles
- DIY CUSTOM MUGS – SHARPIE MUG
- Turn your Diaper Boxes into Lined Canvas Baskets
- How to Make a Chalk Board Menu Board
- How to make a Scarf Organizer