Learn How to Make a Burlap Wreath. Easy DIY burlap wreath that is super easy to make and turns out gorgeous for less than $15!
How to Make a Burlap Wreath
When I drive through my neighborhood I see beautiful front door wreaths on every other door. I see wreaths with the family initial, wreaths made from deco mesh or burlap and artificial flowers.
I see so many great ideas… and then I see my front door. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the look of my front door, but sometimes I want a little something that says hello to visitors. 😉
I recently showed you how to make a foam form from a pool noodle. I used that foam form to create this beautiful burlap wreath.
Now before you look at this wreath and think it’s too difficult, I promise you it isn’t. I am not super crafty and I was able to put this together in no time at all.
Are you ready to learn how to make burlap wreath?
It’s so pretty and very simple. You may want to make one for every season.
We also make this DIY Christmas Burlap Wreath. So festive and just as simple to make.
Materials needed for DIY Burlap Wreath:
- Foam Form (make from pool noodle if you can to save money)
- 30 feet of Burlap Ribbon (5-1/2″ wide)
- Floral Pins
- Wide Ribbon
- Wooden Letter
You can order these supplies on Amazon or check out your local craft store, such as Hobby Lobby. I put links here for a couple of the items just in case you are having trouble finding them locally.
I found the chevron ribbon in the clearance section for just $1.80! I also used my 40% off coupon on one of the rolls of burlap ribbon, so I only paid about $15 for all of the materials to make this wreath.
How to make a wreath with burlap:
You have probably seen a lot of burlap wreaths that use a wire wreath form. Since we are using a foam form, we need to bunch up our burlap a little differently.
I find this to be way easier then using a wire form. I can’t wait to hear what you think.
How to make a burlap wreath easy step by step instructions:
1. First, you’ll want to cut a bunch of burlap squares. I thought about buying burlap by the yard, which is a little cheaper then the ribbon, but burlap is very messy to cut.
The premade ribbon is nice because the ends are finished and won’t unravel. Since my ribbon was about 5-1/2 inches wide, I cut strips that were 5-1/2 inches long.
I cut up one whole ribbon and then about 3/4 of the second ribbon. I wouldn’t cut it all because you won’t need it and you might want to use your left over ribbon to hang your wreath.
2. Take one square and bring two opposite corners together, making a triangle. Note the other two corners in the picture labeled “A” and “B”.
3. Fold point B down to meet the other two corners.
4. Then fold point A down to meet the corners. Now you have one nice little poof. You are going to take this poof and attach it to your wreath.
6. Repeat the previous step and place the second poof beside your first poof. They don’t need to be right on top of each other, just make sure they are covering your wreath form on both sides.
7. Make another poof and stick it in between your first two. Continue making your poofs and adding them to your foam form.
I did not count how many I used, I just continued to alternate around the foam form, stepping back every so often making sure it looked alright.
How to make a burlap wreath bow:
You might also like to learn how to make a ruffled burlap wreath. This is a nice twist on the classic burlap wreath for another fun craft idea for home decor.
Now that you know how to make burlap wreaths, its so fun and easy!
Making a burlap wreath is so frugal and turns out really beautiful!
I have to tell you, I am so happy with how this burlap wreath turned out! Once you learn how to make burlap wreath like this one, you will be making wreaths all the time.
Well, maybe not all the time, but now that I know how to make burlap wreath, I am thinking about making them and giving them as gifts this Christmas.
At $15 a wreath for burlap wreath supplies, this is a very frugal gift idea!
Plus, it truly does not get any more simpler. Now that you know how to make a burlap wreath for beginners, you might try learning how to make a burlap wreath with two colors.
There are so many fun ideas to try with these simple burlap wreaths. You can do one for each season or holiday.
Another fun idea would be a burlap wreath in team colors. That would be perfect for Game day!
Whatever you decide to do, I know it will turn out just gorgeous. These ideas are so frugal that it’s easy to do several.
You may even surprise someone with one of these pretty wreaths as a gift. That would be so thoughtful!
We have over 20 easy DIY Farmhouse decor ideas that are gorgeous and sure to look great in your home. These DIY Farmhouse Decor ideas are budget friendly and easy to create.
Learn how to make homemade Christmas Potpourri for friends and family! This smells amazing and will have your entire house ready for Christmas with very little effort.
Find more Simple and Easy Wreath Ideas here:
- DIY Burlap Christmas Wreath
- Easy to Make Star Shaped 4th of July Wreath
- DIY Easter Egg Wreath
- How to Make a Heart Shaped Wreath
- 15 DIY Halloween Wreaths Ideas Anyone Can Make
- How to Make Pool Noodle Wreath
- How to Make Fabric Wreath – 10 Minute Scrap Fabric Wreath