If you are looking for some clever (and easy) ornaments that you can make on your own, we’ve rounded up over 30 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments. These easy homemade Christmas ornament ideas are also fun to make with the family for a fun family craft night.
Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments
Whether you are wanting to add more decorations to your own tree or make some unique gift toppers, you will find your favorite homemade Christmas ornaments here. Plus, Homemade Christmas Ornaments make great gifts!
With so many unique ideas, you will have tons of ideas to get you started.
We even have Homemade Christmas ornaments with things around the house!
Not only are these pretty but they are frugal. You don’t need to break the bank or spend a ton of time to have gorgeous ornaments that everyone will cherish.
No need to look for DIY Christmas ornaments Pinterest ideas with so many great ideas right here!
Over 30 Custom Christmas Ornament Ideas you can make today:
1. Hot Glue Embellished Ornament, One Crazy Mom
2. Ribbon Wrapped Christmas Tree Ornament, Simply Kelly Designs
This is a great way to use old cookie cutters and turn them into sparkling new ornaments. The kids will love helping with this DIY.
3. Cinnamon Ornaments, One Crazy Mom
Not only do these look pretty but they smell amazing. Let the kids pick out cookie cutters and make their own shapes. So fun!
4. Wine Cork Snowman, One Crazy Mom
Save up those old wine corks or order some on Amazon to make these fun ornaments. If just a few minutes, you will have cute snowman for your tree.
5. DIY Ribbon Tree Ornament, Simply Kelly Designs
Use scraps of ribbon to make these festive Christmas Tree ornaments. This is a great way to use up ribbon and the end result is a gorgeous ornament.
6. Washi Tape Cookie Cutter Ornament, One Crazy Mom
7. Glitter Candy Candy Ornament, Simply Kelly Designs
Nothing says Christmas like glitter! Turn ordinary candy can ornaments into sparkly little jewels!
8. Photo Transfer Ornament, A Grande Life
This is simpler than it sounds and you can have a lasting keepsake. Everyone will love looking at the pictures each year.
9. Create Personal Life, Savings Lifestyle
This is a great way to use art work, invitations and more for a really cool ornament idea. Grab some clear ornaments from the Dollar Store or order online.
10. Keepsake Ornaments, Coffee With Us 3
Remember special dates or little finger prints with this fun keepsake idea. We like to keep fragile ornaments like this in an ornament box for storage during the year.
11. Scrabble Letter Ornament, One Crazy Mom
Do you have an old Scrabble game that is missing pieces? Don’t throw it away and use it instead to make Christmas ornaments.
12. Washi Tape Cookie Cutter Ornament, Coffee With Us 3
Cookie Cutters get a new look with washi tap. This is perfect for little ones when you need something simple.
13. Mason Jar Ring Wreath, One Crazy Mom
Don’t toss those old mason jar lid rings. Make a Christmas wreath with them with twine and hang on the tree.
14. Simple Nativity Ornament Craft for Kids, Coffee With Us 3
Keep the real meaning of Christmas at the center with these precious Nativity ornaments. You can likely use things you already have at home.
15. Easy 3-Ingredient Cinnamon Ornaments, The Kitchen is My Playground
It can’t get any simpler than these 3 ingredient ornaments with fun cookie cutter designs. Plus, the cinnamon smells heavenly!
16. Bottlecap Snowman Ornament, One Crazy Mom
Save bottle caps or order some inexpensively online to make snowman! This is a great idea for ornaments using what you already have and turning into something special.
17. DIY Owl Christmas Ornament, Mommy Enterprises
This is the perfect craft for the kids using coffee filters and other items you already have! So fun for toddlers or young children.
18. Rosette Christmas Tree Ornament, Capturing Joy
Make this darling rosette ornament with very little effort. It looks so classic and perfect for a rustic but pretty touch on your tree.
19. Pottery Barn Knock Off Glitter Letter Ornament, Your Homebased Mom
No need to pay Pottery Barn prices when you can make this knock off version at home. Try your hand at making this Glitter Ornament that is really oh so simple!
20. Melted Snowman Ornament, Occasionally Crafty
21. Snowflakes from Recycled T-Shirt, Happy Hour Projects
You just need old t-shirts for this project! Save old shirts or outgrown clothes to make the most precious snow flakes.
22. Borax Crystal Ornaments, Schneider Peeps
If the kids haven’t used all the borax making slime, they can make these crystal ornaments. The red and green crystals look stunning against the tree lights.
23. Dollar Store String Ornament, One Crazy Mom
Grab some string and balloons and you are on your way to making these frugal string ornaments. The kids will love popping the balloon!
24. Decoupage Christmas Ornaments, Schneider Peeps
Learn how to decoupage ornaments with these fun ideas. My favorite is the one dipped in glitter. Make your own Mod Podge to save a ton of money.
25. Repurposed Christmas Tree Ornaments, This & That
Love wallflowers or other fragrance plug-ins? Save them to make Christmas ornaments in an array of styles.
26. Crocheted Christmas Mitts Ornaments, This & That
Learn how to crochet mitten ornaments with this simple DIY. Even those with little to no sewing experience can pick this tutorial up quickly.
27. Hot Chocolate Ornaments, This & That
Need a gift that doubles as an ornament? Mix up some hot cocoa and marshmallows to make this neat treat in inexpensive clear ornaments.
28. Button Wreath Ornament, One Crazy Mom
Save old buttons and make a fun button wreath ornament. Prefer only red and green? Order on Amazon to get certain colors.
29. Homemade Chalkboard Ornament, One Crazy Mom
This ornament is perfect for teachers, dance teachers, Grandparents or anyone you need a thoughtful but inexpensive gift idea for. Grab some chalkboard paint and get started!
30. Sheet Music Ornaments, This & That
Make sheet music look old and vintage for these fun and classic ornaments. This is a great way to use up old sheet music or you can grab some here.
31. DIY Santa Claus Ornament, Thrifty Jinxy
Get the kids excited about Santa with these fun and festive ornaments. You can pick up clear ornaments so inexpensivel and they make the best crafts.
32. Washi Tape Nativity Ornament, Second Chance to Dream
Turn a washi tape creation into a nativity ornament with just a few supplies needed. This is a great way to teach kids about the true meaning of Christmas.
33. Easy DIY Ribbon Tree Ornament, One Crazy Mom
Fragrant cinnamon sticks combined with ribbon make the cutest Christmas tree ornament. Plus, it smells SO good hanging on your tree.
34. 5 Ways to Spruce Up Your Ornaments with Scrapbooking Supplies, Second Chance to Dream
Learn how to use items you have in your scrapbook supplies to turn plain ornaments into something magnificent. This is great to use up excess supplies.
35. Acorn Advent Calendar, Home. Made. Interest.
Combine acorns and an advent calendar to make this neat idea for an ornament. This is a fun way to think outside the box and have a pretty ornament as well.
There you have it.
Which Easy Homemade Christmas ornaments are your favorite?
I really love the ones that can be made with things I already have on hand. 😉 All of them are super easy to make and we plan to try quite a few of these handmade Christmas ornament ideas.
Give these DIY Christmas tree ornaments a try. Use what you have from a styrofoam ball to hot glue and acorns to have a blast with your kids!
Add these Christmas ornaments to make Pinterest ideas to your holiday fun list!
Let’s talk about some of the Best Christmas Stocking Stuffer Ideas for the entire family. We have ideas for young children, teenagers and even adults that they will love and don’t cost a fortune!
Homemade Christmas Ornament Ideas:
- Salt Dough Ornaments
- Button Wreath Ornament
- How to make Cinnamon Ornaments
- DIY Bottle Cap Snowman Ornament
- Wine Cork Snowman Ornament
- Scrabble Letters Ornament
- Homemade Chalkboard Ornament
- Easy DIY Ribbon Tree Ornament
Find more ideas here for the holidays:
- Non Toy Christmas Ideas for Kids
- DIY Christmas Burlap Wreath
- Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Mason Jar Christmas Centerpiece Ideas
- Vanilla Peppermint DIY Foot Scrub
- How to Declutter your Home for the Holidays
- 25 of the BEST Christmas Gifts for Teen Boys
- 8 Secrets to a Debt Free Christmas
- How to Decorate a Christmas Tree on a Budget
- Don’t Miss- The Best Christmas Books for Kids!
- Christmas Storage Ideas