Shampoo Slime is a fun and easy slime DIY without any glue. The recipe calls for just 4 simple ingredients. Kids will have a blast making this.
If you are looking for a super easy slime DIY that does not call for glue or borax, this recipe is the one to try. With only a handful of ingredients, this is such an easy slime recipe to try.
In fact, you might already have everything you need to make this at home. Whether you need a rainy day activity or something to beat the heat, this is a blast to make.
Kids can choose their favorite color for tons of fun.
Why we love Shampoo Slime:
- No Glue.
- No Borax.
- No contact solution.
- Just 4 simple ingredients needed.
You do not need any of the common ingredients normally needed for slime to make this DIY. The next time your kids want to make slime, try this easy DIY. It is one of the most effortless slime variations to make.
How to make slime with shampoo
It is very simple to make slime using shampoo. The ingredient list is very minimum and the results are fantastic.
The shampoo combines with cornstarch, food coloring and water to form a texture that is pliable and fun to play with. With just a little blending, it comes together quickly and easily.
Kids can play with the slime in just minutes. It is such an easy slime to make that does not require anything extra like borax, glue or contact solution.
If you are concerned about using borax or a ton of glue, make this easy slime with shampoo instead.
Supplies you need:
- ½ cup Thick Shampoo (choose a fragrance you love!)
- Food Coloring (color of your choice)
- 2 ½ cups Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Cold Water
For even more helpful items, take a look at the best slime supplies.
With just these 4 simple ingredients, the slime is super easy to make. Anyone can make this easy DIY.
How to make Shampoo Slime:
Get out a large mixing bowl. You will need plenty of room to mix everything together. Then add the shampoo to a large mixing bowl.
Add the food coloring. Then add in the food coloring and stir until it’s the color that you prefer. This is a lot of fun for the kids and they love watching it change colors.
Stir in the cornstarch. Combine the cornstarch thoroughly with the shampoo. This should form a crumbling mixture. The mixture will be thick but this is normal. Don’t worry about the thickness because the water will thin it out.
Gradually add the water. Then slowly add in the water. Just add 1-2 tablespoons at a time until the mixture is formed into a smooth slime. You may not need all the water so make sure to pour this slowly. Remember, it is easier to add more but not so easy to take away if excess is added.
Knead the slime. Then knead the slime until it’s smooth and stretchy. Continue to knead until it is the texture you desire. It should be well combined and easy to play with.
How to store slime
Store in an airtight container or bag at room temperature. If the slime dries out when it’s stored, just add a small amount of water to make it stretchy again!
This is a fun slime to make and provides so much fun. As long as you remember to store it properly, it will continue to provide lots of fun.
What do I do if my slime is too sticky?
Sprinkle ½ teaspoon baking soda on the slime. Knead the slime and baking soda together with your hands.
Continue to knead until the slime isn’t sticky. Be careful that you do not add too much baking soda. Just add a pinch and combine with the slime.
Shampoo slime tips
- Cold Water. Make sure to use cold water and gradually add it to the ingredients. You may not need all of the water so it is important to add this slowly.
- Shampoo. For best results, use a thick shampoo. This will give the slime the best texture. Don’t use anything very runny.
- Fragrance. Choose a shampoo in a fragrance that you love.
- Texture. The mixture will be thick once you add in the cornstarch. Don’t be tempted to add in extra water.
- Sticky Slime. You can add baking soda to the mixture if the slime is sticky. Start with ½ teaspoon and combine with the slime. This should improve the texture if it is sticky.
- Dry Slime. If the slime starts to dry out from being stored, add a little bit of water and combine. Continue to add water in very small increments until it is the consistency and texture you desire.
Give this easy slime DIY a try.
It is very easy to make but provides hours of fun. Not only is it a blast to make but also to play with.
If you have several children, why not make a couple of different batches. Everyone can choose their favorite color and make shampoo slime to play with.
Let us know how this turns out for you. I really think you will love it. If you have been hesitant to make slime, this is a great one to start with.
It is is super easy and inexpensive to make. You will not need a ton of time, endless ingredients or a lot of money.
This DIY is easy, budget friendly and you might already have what you need. Give it a try!
Print this Shampoo Slime DIY below:
- 1/2 cup Thick Shampoo choose a fragrance you love!
- Food Coloring color of your choice
- 2 1/2 cups Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- Add the shampoo to a large mixing bowl.
- Then add in the food coloring and stir until it’s the color that you prefer.
- Then stir in the cornstarch into the shampoo and a crumbling mixture should form. The mixture will be thick. Then slowly add in the water. Just add 1-2 tablespoons at a time until the mixture is formed into a smooth slime. You may not need all the water.
- Then knead the slime until it’s smooth and stretchy.