Elmer’s glue slime is super easy and fun. We make it even easier and show you how to make it 3 different ways.
Elmer’s glue slime
This basic slime recipe is so easy to make but loads of fun. You probably already have what you need to make this!
There are multiple ways to make Elmer’s glue slime. We give you lots of options making this fun slime even easier to maker.
We are going to show you 3 ways to make Elmer’s glue slime. This is a great slime to make if you want to do something easy or need to adapt it to what you have on hand.
With several options to choose from, you are sure to have what you need for at least one of these methods.
How do you make slime with glue?
We are going to show just how simple it is to make slime with glue. Get ready for a ton of fun and only a few simple ingredients needed!
This is a great slime DIY and so incredibly easy. Keep reading for all of the fun details.
Let’s learn how to make slime with elmer’s glue!
3 Ways to make Elmer’s glue slime recipe
We used a bottle of Elmer’s Glue that was already colored and had glitter in it. We used this glue for this recipe and it worked great.
However, you can use white Elmer’s Glue and mix in food coloring of your choice in any of these recipes. This is the food coloring that I used if you prefer to go that route.
How to Make Slime with Elmer’s Glue and Liquid Starch:
Ingredients for elmer’s glue slime
- Place the glue in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly stir in the liquid starch. Stir and when the glue starts to pull away from the bowl or stick to the spoon, remove from the bowl and mix with your hands. If the slime is too sticky, add more liquid starch until it’s the consistency that you prefer.
How to Make Slime with Elmer’s Glue and Borax:
- Put the glue in a large mixing glue.
- Next mix the borax into the cup of the water. We used warm water so the borax dissolves.
- Then slowly mix the borax mixture into the glue/water mixture. We mixed in 1 tablespoon of this solution at a time until the slime is the consistency that you would like. As the slime starts to activate, add less of the borax mixture.
- When the glue is no longer sticking to the sides of the bowl and is sticking to the spoon, remove from the bowl and knead with your hands until the slime is the consistency that you would like.
- Pro Tip: If the slime is too sticky, add more of the borax/water solution.
- Pro Tip: If the slime is not stretchy enough, add hand lotion to improve the stretchiness of the slime. The lotion will not mix easily but continue to mix with your hands until it makes the slime stretchier.
How to Make Elmer’s Glue with Saline Solution:
- 1 bottle of Glue (5 0z)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Saline Solution (must contain boric acid)
- Put the glue in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the baking soda.
- Slowly add in the Contact Lens Solution until the slime is the consistency that you prefer.
- As you add the contact lens solution, you’ll eventually need to mix and knead with your hands to form the slime.
Now you know how to make elmer’s glitter glue slime 3 different ways!
This slime is so fun to make that the kids will love playing with it!
We have so much fun with DIY projects!
If your kids love to make slime, they will love to learn how to make floam! Your kids will be amazed and have a blast making this.
Learn how to make Homemade Playdough Recipes that your kids will go crazy over. It so easy to make homemade playdough and you can easily make scented, edible, glitter and more varieties of playdough at home!
If your kids love playdough, they are going to go crazy over this Color Changing Homemade Playdough Recipe.
It is so easy and frugal to make homemade bubbles and your kids will have a blast.
We have so much fun trying new slime activators for such an easy slime recipe. From galaxy slime to fluffy slime recipe, there are lots of great ideas.
Learn how to make glue and save a ton of money on your craft projects.
We love making slime and have tried so many different DIY slime recipes. From saline solution to boric acid and glue slime and liquid starch, there are lots of cool ways to make slime!
Get started today and let us know what you try. These are perfect for rainy day activities or when it is simply too hot to play outside.
The kids will be entertained for hours! Yeah!
No need to spend tons of money with inexpensive projects like these to try!
Learn how to make a tornado in a bottle for a really fun activity with your kids.
We have all of the tips and tricks so that you can learn how to make Butter Slime.
Try these other fun slime recipes:
- How to Make Slime for Kids that is Calming
- Glitter Slime – How to Make it in Minutes!
- How to Make Fluffy Slime
- DIY Chalkboard Slime
- The Best 2 Ingredient Slime
- Color Changing Slime
- Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime
- How to make color changing slime
- How to make galaxy slime
Learn How to get Slime out of Clothes and it is so easy.
More Fun Ideas for Kids:
- Easy Homemade Playdough Recipes
- Easy Kid’s Valentine Cards They Can Make at Home
- 25 Boredom Busters for Kids (to do indoors)
- Tissue Paper Crafts for Kids
- 10 Fall Activities for Kids
- 20 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
- Seashell crafts for kids
- 20 Easy Summer Paper Plate Crafts for Kids
- 25 Water Activities for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime
- how to make slime for kids that is calming
- how to make floam