Learn how to make floam! Your kids will be amazed and have a blast making this.
Plus, it’s not hard at all to make this floam slime recipe. It’s the perfect activity to keep the kids entertained. It’s so much fun making floam and playing with it.
How to make Floam
Today, we are going to learn how to make floam! It only takes a few supplies and comes together quickly. It’s just as much fun to make slime as it is to play with it! Kids love floam!
It’s very simple to make your own and much cheaper too. Once you learn how to make floam, you will see how simple it is. The kids love it and stay busy. Plus, I don’t go broke buying kits!
Gather the kids and let’s get started with this floam slime recipe!
They will have so much with this homemade floam. Foam slime is one of the most popular DIY ideas. It’s super easy and inexpensive to make.
It would even be a fun birthday party activity. All kids love making floam so they would have a blast.
You could set up stations and let the kids make floam. They sell little plastic containers in bulk on Amazon. These would be perfect for the kids to take their floam home in.
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ⅓ cup glue (white school glue)
- ½ cup small styrofoam beads, divided
- ⅓ cup liquid starch
- Food Coloring (we used McCormick Neon Colors)
How to make floam slime:
- Place hot water and glue together in a bowl and mix well so it’s combined well. Take your time on this, it will come together. Add food coloring, we used 5 drops of one color and mix well. Stir in starch and mix well. Continue to mix glue mixture, and eventually the liquid will begin to come together, as you will see the mix stick to the spoon and pull away from the sides.
- Place the mixture onto a large plate and flatten with your fingers. Place ¼ cup of foam balls into the mixture and pull the corners of the mixture to the center and knead well. Add an additional ¼ cup of foam balls and knead until combined well.
Now that you know how to make floam slime, it’s time to play!
If you have always wondered how to make floam slime without borax, this recipe is great!
If you have trouble getting the floam to the right consistency, just keep working with it. Sometimes it helps to stir it more until you reach the desired thickness and texture.
How do you make homemade floam?
I know some people use borax and that is certainly another way. In fact, there is an easy DIY for Homemade Floam here that uses borax.
This is another option. Floam feels different from slime because of the styrofoam beads inside. It reminds me of a bean bag. So fun!
It’s the perfect activity when it’s too hot outside or raining. I like to have a few activities I can do inside so the kids won’t go stir crazy.
Of course playing outside is so much fun but when it’s hot or rainy, you just need some fun indoor activities.
We are always making something, and the kids have a blast. It doesn’t have to be expensive or time consuming. Try some of these other activities and let us know how you like them.
You might also like to check out 100 Days of Kids Summer Activities + Free Printables. There are lots of ideas for Summer or school breaks that you will love. Make a list and be intentional this summer.
Get started today and make memories with your kids!
It is so easy to let the summer just pass by without knowing what even happened.
Make a Summer fun list and mark them off as you go. If you have multiple children, let them each choose a few things. Everyone will feel involved and the summer will be packed with lots of fun things to do.
Kid’s don’t need much! They just want to spend time with us.
Grab a bottle of bubbles and that would be a great activity! It’s usually the simple things that they will look back on and remember the most. Whatever you do, just enjoy your time with the kids and create special memories. 🙂
Learn how to make glitter slime that is simple and easy. The kids will love making glitter slime and you will love how easy it is.
Learn how to make fluffy slime with just a few simple ingredients.
Take slime to the next level by making this cool chalk slime recipe. Learn how to make Chalkboard Slime!
Homemade Silly Putty is very easy to make and the kids will absolutely love it.
Try these easy slime recipes too:
- How to Make Slime for Kids that is Calming
- Glitter Slime – How to Make it in Minutes!
- How to Make Fluffy Slime
- DIY Chalkboard Slime
- The Best 2 Ingredient Slime
- Color Changing Slime
- Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime
- How to make color changing slime
- How to make galaxy slime
More Fun Ideas for Kids:
- Easy Homemade Playdough Recipes
- 12 Water Bottle Crafts
- 25 Boredom Busters for Kids (to do indoors)
- Tissue Paper Crafts for Kids
- 10 Fall Activities for Kids
- 20 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
- 15 Thanksgiving Craft Ideas
- 15 Back to School Crafts for Kids
- 25 Adorable Seashell Crafts for Kids
- How to Make Glitter Slime
- Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime
To All the Moms who Struggle with Dinnertime
Save hours in the kitchen every week and reclaim precious family time without blowing your budget. Join the Lazy Day Cooking Club.