Save money and make this Pool Noodle Wreath. You can easily make a wreath form using a pool noodle.
Pool Noodle Wreath
I love to have a different wreath for my front door to match the seasons. It is fun making my own wreaths, but sometimes the wreath forms can get expensive.
This led me to make a wreath form using a pool noodle. It really is brilliant and turns out wonderful for very little expense.
What if you can’t find a Pool Noodle?
Well, the hardest part of this DIY for me was finding a pool noodle! Yes, we have a bunch in our toy box by the pool, but we actually paid more than $1 for them this year so I wasn’t willing to sacrifice one of them.
You might be in the same situation. These can also be hard to find during the winter when it isn’t pool season.
My husband had a brilliant suggestion. He said foam pipe insulation is a lot like a pool noodle, so that should work for what I’m trying to do.
I found this 4-pack of 1/2-inch Foam Pipe Insulation for $2.97 at Home Depot. These were cut in 3-foot lengths, so I can get FOUR foam wreath forms for under $3!
The only other thing I need to make my pool noodle wreath was some duct tape.
- Pool Noodle or Foam Pipe Insulation
- Duct Tape
How do you make a wreath out of pool noodles?
- Step 1. Since your foam (pool noodle or pipe insulation) is accustomed to being straight, you have to train it to go in a circle. To do this, you just need to bend it.
I had one of the kids help so you can see how easy it is. Just bend it one way and another, being careful not to make creases or kinks.
- Step 2. Continue to form the correct shape. You can even wrap it up in a spiral, anything to get the foam used to being in a circle. Once you have retrained your foam, you are ready to put it all together.
- Step 3. Tape the form. Take a piece of duct tape that is long enough to go all the way around the foam. Next, with the foam ends up against each other, tape it together.
You may need a second pair of hands for this one. That is it! You now have a perfectly circular foam wreath that cost you a fraction of the cost of a pre-made foam form.
How to decorate a pool noodle wreath:
- Burlap. Try decorating with burlap squares and ribbon.
- Christmas. It is so easy and you can make a Christmas wreath and more.
- Easter. Attach Easter eggs for a festive Spring wreath.
It is easy to make this diy pool noodle wreath.
I wanted to break down the numbers so you can really see how much money you’re saving by making this yourself. The 4-pack of foam pipe insulation cost $2.97. This is only $0.74 per wreath.
More Easy DIY Wreath Ideas:
- DIY Burlap Christmas Wreath
- Easy to Make Star Shaped 4th of July Wreath
- DIY Easter Egg Wreath
- How to Make a Heart Shaped Wreath
How to make a Pool Noodle Wreath
- 1 Pool Noodle (or Foam Pipe Insullation)
- Duck Tape
- Take the foam and duct tape.
- Create a circle with the foam, and add duct tape where the ends meet to make a circle.
- You know have the shape of the wreath and can decorate however you would like.