We have an adorable 4th of July wreath tutorial that you will love! This 4th of July wreath is so simple to make! You will be amazed at what you can do with crepe paper! The red, white and blue look so festive!
4th of July wreath
We have a patriotic wreath that is so quick and easy to make! It’s also inexpensive and it looks fabulous! Make this wreath for 4th of July or even Memorial Day! Let the kids help and have a fun day crafting. Even little ones can help roll the crepe paper. It doesn’t have to be perfect and this wreath will still look amazing. We love 4th of July Wreaths! This 4th of July craft is one of our favorites to make!
Your front door will look will look so festive with this patriotic decor. Try this diy wreath and you will love it! If you store it properly, it will be ready to use again next year! We bring ours out on Memorial Day and again on 4th of July. I just love using this pretty star wreath. It makes the entire house looks so patriotic. The red, white and blue look amazing in the star shape.
It’s so much fun to decorate for the different holidays and season. The 4th of July is one of our favorites. We make lots of goodies too. Some of our favorites include 4th of July Chocolate Covered Oreos and 4th of July Fruit Kabobs. If you need something really simple that only takes a minute to make, try this 4th of July Ice Cream Sandwich recipe. Yum! They are all so good.
If you are throwing a cookout or party, this 4th of July wreath is perfect for your party decorations! Toss in some of the yummy 4th of July recipes and you are set for a perfect day!
Fourth of July wreath
You only need a few supplies to make this easy Fourth of July wreath. You will definitely need a glue gun and glue sticks for this craft. I recommend having an extra bag of glue sticks! It seems I always need more glue than I realize. It’s not fun to run out mid project…..
The crepe paper we used was about 70′ long x 1.75″ wide. We used just about half of each color to make this star. So you will have a little left over to do some patriotic decorating or to make more 4th July wreaths!
4th of July wreath tutorial:
2. Fold the paper in half lengthwise and begin to roll the end. Continue to roll the paper, keeping it between your finger and thumb to hold it together. You don’t want to wrap the crepe paper too tight. You want it to be irregular and together but not too tight. Secure the loose end with hot glue. Continue with the remaining pieces of crepe paper.
3. Place a piece of white card stock onto a flat surface. On top of the paper, place 6 pieces of crepe paper together to form a triangle. Place 5 triangles together to make a star. Use a pencil to trace around the star shape, it works best to hold the pencil in one hand and lay your other palm flat on top of the crepe paper to hold it in place. The shape can be irregular.
4. Use scissors to cut the star shape, about 1/4″ inside of your traced line, smoothing the cut as you go.
5. Because the card stock isn’t that firm, trace the star shape onto a piece of cardboard and cut 1/4″ inside the traced line. Use hot glue to affix the cardboard on the back of the white star shape. This is to reinforce the paper and make it more durable. Don’t skip this step. I highly recommend using cardboard to reinforce the star shape. The extra weight from all of the crepe paper will weigh the card stock down. You really need this extra reinforcement to make the wreath hold its shape.
6. Return the crepe paper pieces to the white card stock and begin to affix them with hot glue. Place a small dollop onto the bottom of the pieces and press gently onto the star shape. Continue in this fashion until the entire white paper is covered.
Place 1 red and 1 blue together and attach ends with hot glue to create a loop. Affix to the back of the star shape.
8. Use the remaining ribbon to create a bow and use hot glue to affix to the top of the star on the hanging ribbon. If you are hesitant to make a bow, it’s very simple. However, if you would rather pick up a pre made bow that is totally fine. They have really cute red, white and blue bows that you can buy at your local craft store normally.
This July 4th Wreath will look so festive in your home!
4th of July door wreaths are so welcoming and just set the mood for your home. I love decorating for each season! 4th of July decor is so fun to make! I can’t wait for you to try this fun wreath. Come back and leave us a comment so we will know how it turned out!
Find more Fourth of July Decorations here:
- 4th of July Printables to decorate for less
- 4th of July Crafts- How to make Patriotic Flip Flops
- 15 Quick and Easy 4th of July Front Porch Ideas
What is your favorite 4th of July wreaths to make?
We are always making something new around here and I love to get new ideas! The kids have fun helping me and we just love to have a craft day!
We have several 4th of July front porch ideas. You will love these patriotic outdoor decorations. They are so festive and your home will have amazing curb appeal.
Add some patriotic flair to your home with one of these Free 4th of July printables. We have 10 patriotic printables to help make your home festive for Independence Day.
Who is ready for their annual 4th of July party? I know we are! It is one of our favorite holidays to celebrate as a family. Find lots of delicious 4th of July Dessert Recipes that the entire family can make and enjoy.
Learn How to Make a Burlap Wreath. This wreath is super easy to make and turns out gorgeous for less than $15!
Let’s talk about some quick and easy 4th of July decorations today. All you need is some red, white, blue, and a little creativity.