Homemade Silly Putty is very easy to make and the kids will absolutely love it. This is the perfect DIY silly putty activity to keep the kids entertained.
Homemade Silly Putty
There is just something about silly putty that kids go crazy about. It’s fun to play with and almost mesmerizing.
Silly Putty is one of those timeless items that kids of all ages love to play with. It never gets boring and is always a ton of fun.
Learn how to make homemade silly putty for the perfect activity to beat boredom. Whether it is too hot outside or rainy and you need something to do, this DIY is so fun.
Did you know that you can make DIY Silly Putty?
It is actually very simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. All of my kids agree it is definitely more fun to make silly putty than to buy it!
I love things like this that are fun to make and play with. It’s like two activities in one. 🙂
The kids loved learning how to make fluffy slime so they were so excited to learn how to make homemade silly putty.
We have the most fun creating new things and we sure make lots of great memories along the way. Isn’t that what it’s all about?
Get started with this fun DIY Silly Putty!
What are the ingredients of Silly Putty?
With just liquid starch, glue and food coloring, you can easily make silly putty at home! So easy!
Another option is to use paint instead of food coloring. This is such a fun activity and requires very little supplies.
I love activities that are not complicated and that is pretty much a requirement around here. 🙂 Simple and budget friendly!
Let’s make homemade silly putty!
We make all types of things around here but this was definitely one of our favorites. So fun!
How do you make silly putty with STA Flo?
It is so very easy. Keep reading to find out all the details.
What are the ingredients to make Putty?
- 1 cup of Sta-Flo Liquid Starch
- 1 cup of glue (We buy a gallon of glue because we are always making something.)
- Paint or Food Coloring
Your kids will be amazed that it only takes a few ingredients to make silly putty. I’m telling you this is the easiest project ever. Really!
The ingredients to make silly putty are so simple.
How to make homemade silly putty?
- Pour approximately 1 cup of the glue into a mixing bowl.
- Mix in a few drops of acrylic paint or food coloring, the color of your choice. Mix thoroughly until the glue is the color of the paint or food coloring.
- Mix in 1 cup of the Sta-Flo Liquid Starch. Let this mixture set for at least 5 minutes as the glue has to soak up the Sta-Flo Liquid Starch.
- Mix the 2 ingredients together as best as possible. The mixture will look stringy and not well combined as you can see in the picture. You will likely think that this project has failed but don’t give up now!
- Put the mixture on a paper towel or your counter top if it’s a solid surface. Again, let this combination set for at least 5 minutes.
- After this time, mix again with your hands and work the glue/starch mixture until the silly putty is formed.
Now you know how to make silly putty without borax!
Isn’t it simple?
How to make putty stretchy?
Make sure to follow the steps exactly. Letting the combination set for at least 5 minutes helps it to form the putty and make it stretch.
How to make silly putty with baking soda?
Baking soda can be used to make silly putty but I find it harder to get the right consistency.
How to make silly putty with cornstarch?
You can make silly putty with cornstarch and dish soap. This is a nice alternative if you don’t have all your supplies because most people have dish soap on hand.
Try making homemade silly putty today!
My kids love to play with silly putty. It is so fun and this DIY Silly Putty is the perfect kids activity.
You can get what you need at the grocery store and make this easy silly putty recipe. It really is very simple to make.
We have even used glitter glue to change things up. Try different things and colors and see what all you can create.
So much fun!
We love making DIY projects!
Learn how to make floam! Your kids will be amazed and have a blast making this.
Learn how to make Homemade Playdough Recipes that your kids will go crazy over. It so easy to make homemade playdough and you can easily make scented, edible, glitter and more varieties of playdough at home!
It is so easy and frugal to make homemade bubbles and your kids will have a blast.
Learn how to make glue and save a ton of money on your craft projects.
There are tons of fun and frugal activities to do with your kids. Get started today and let us know how everything turns out.
Learn how to make mod podge for your craft projects. It is so easy and homemade mod podge will save a ton of money.
Learn how to make Chalkboard Slime! Take slime to the next level by making this cool chalk slime recipe.
Try some of these other fun ideas. Let us know which ones you try and what the kids like the best.
We always have a blast with these activities.
Learn how to make a tornado in a bottle for a really fun activity with your kids.
More Fun Ideas for Kids:
- Easy Homemade Playdough Recipes
- Easy Kid’s Valentine Cards They Can Make at Home
- 25 Boredom Busters for Kids (to do indoors)
- Tissue Paper Crafts for Kids
- 10 Fall Activities for Kids
- 20 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
- Seashell crafts for kids
- 20 Easy Summer Paper Plate Crafts for Kids
- 25 Water Activities for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime
- how to make slime for kids that is calming
- how to make floam