If your kids are crazy over slime, learn how to make slime with contact solution. It is so easy to make with just 3 ingredients and a blast to create.
How to make slime with contact solution
Slime is all the craze these days and today we will teach you how to make it with contact solution. This is a no fuss DIY for a really simple slime.
You just need 3 ingredients and this slime is super simple to make for the perfect rainy day activity. If your kids are like mine, they want to make slime daily.
This recipe is one of the easiest slime recipes but still just as fun to make and play with. Get started today and make the easiest slime ever.
The ingredients are all so simple that you can easily whip this up in no time at all. We have made this in minutes because it is just so simple.
You likely have all you need at home to make this fun slime. No complicated or expensive projects here. We keep it simple.
How do you make easy slime?
There are so many different slime recipes but some require more ingredients or steps. I am always amazed at the many different ways to make slime.
The easiest slime only calls for 3 ingredients and is so simple to mix together.
Keep reading to find out just how easy it is. You are going to love making slime.
Don’t let the worry of mess or expense scare you away. Slime really is very inexpensive to make for a fun activity for your children. It also isn’t that messy and a great idea to try.
If you have been putting off making slime or hesitant to try it, this is a great one to start with. It is just so simple and easy but loads of fun.
3 Ingredients for contact solution slime:
- 1 bottle of glitter Glue (6 0z)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ Tbsp Contact Lens Solution (solution contains boric acid and sodium borate. This is important!!!)
How to make slime with contact solution:
- Slowly add in the Contact Lens Solution until the mixture forms to the consistency that you prefer.
- As you add the solution, you’ll eventually need to mix and knead with your hands to form the stretchy slime. Now it is time to play with slime.
- The kids will go crazy over this slime. It is just so fun to make and play with. Make sure to wash hands when finished playing with slime.
You can also use a bottle of elmer white glue and mix in food coloring or paint of your choice to the glue prior to mixing in the baking soda.
We do this sometimes and it just so fun. The kids each choose a color to make and it is really neat to see how they all turn out.
Is saline solution the same as contact solution for slime?
It is not the same when it comes to making slime. You have to use contact solution for contact lenses for the slime to turn out with activators.
This is super important so make sure to use the right kind of solution. While this easy contact solution is so simple to make and only requires 3 ingredients, you do need to make sure you use the right ones.
The slime will not form properly if you use plain saline solution. Also, you need to make sure to use Contact Lens Solution that contains boric acid and sodium borate. This is important too.
How to store:
This DIY is so easy.
It really is the perfect slime recipe when you need a super fun activity but don’t want to spend tons of time or money. This is very frugal to make and so easy with just 3 ingredients.
If you need a fun but inexpensive birthday party activity, try making this super easy slime recipe. It will be a really fun activity for the kids while also doubling as a party favor.
Whether you are just starting out with slime or looking for something easy, this is a great DIY. Everyone will have a blast and it is just so easy but fun.
We will definitely make this again. It is also the perfect rainy day activity or when it is just too hot to play outside!
Give this a try! Everyone will love it and you can’t beat this frugal and easy activity.
Print the instructions :
How to make Slime with Contact Solution
- 1 bottle of Glue 6 0z
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Contact Lens Solution solution contains boric acid and sodium borate
- Put the glue in a mixing bowl and baking soda and stir.
- Slowly add in the contact lens solution until the slime forms to the consistency that you prefer.
- As you add the contact lens solution, you’ll eventually need to mix and knead with your hands to form the stretchy slime. Now it is time to play with slime!
Try these other easy slime recipes:
- How to make Fluffy Slime
- How to make color changing slime
- Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime
- how to make slime for kids that is calming
- Slime Activators