There are tons of jojoba oil uses that you need to know. If you are looking for natural ways to improve your hair, skin and more you will love these uses for jojoba oil.
Jojoba oil uses
I have been using jojoba oil for awhile now but I am still constantly amazed at all of the Jojoba oil uses. This oil is so versatile and really just amazing.
We are trying to use more natural products and this is one of our favorite oils to use. It works for so many different things and is a favorite around here.
What is jojoba oil?
Jojoba is an oil that is moisturizing and used for various uses. You will find this works wonders on the skin and hair.
It is derived from a shrub grown in Northern Mexico and the oil comes from the jojoba seed of the jojoba plant. Native Americans have been using this for years and years.
This oil can be used as a carrier oil with other oils. Since it is so gentle on your skin, it can be used alone as well.
Technically jojobo oil is a liquid wax though and not an oil. Since this oil is closest to our skin’s natural oils, it absorbs much faster and really works wonderful for lots of skin conditions.
What is jojoba oil used for?
There are so man uses for this amazing oil. It is used to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis as well acne and sunburn.
You might also hear of people using it to help regrowth of hair. It also can be found in beauty products such as lotion, shampoo and more.
As you can see, jojobo oil is very popular and for good reason!
Where do you get Jojoba oil?
Jojoba oil amazon is our favorite option. You can see lots of different Jojoba oil options here including organic jojoba oil.
My favorite brand is this one here. Love it!
Jojoba oil benefits for skin
- This oil has antifungal and antimicrobial properties.
- It is very moisturizing and helps to seal your skin.
- Jojoba oil is rich in vitamin E making it a natural antioxidant.
- It’s hypoallergenic and not prone to clogging pores.
- This oil is healing.
- Anti-inflammatory properties- reduce redness and calm skin.
Let’s get started with these 25 amazing jojoba oil uses!
You are going to be pleasantly surprised at all of the various uses one little oil can do. When I first started using this oil, I was shocked at all it could do.
I love that one product can do so much!
How to use jojoba oil for face:
- Makeup Remover – Use a few drops on a cotton pad or cotton ball to remove make up and clean skin.
Jojoba oil for face acne- Not only does jojobo oil help to reduce acne but it also can help reduce scars and clean pores from acne prone skin as well.
- Chapped Lips– This works great for a lip balm in a pinch and you only need a few drops. You can also make your own easy lip balm using this oil.
- Anti Aging- Used over time on the face it can reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Eczema and Psoriasis – Treat these skin conditions naturally by using jojobo oil on rough patches.
- Rosacea- Calm red and irritated skin by using this oil daily. The vitamins in the oil help skin to repair damage.
- Moisturizer– This is great for especially dry patches of skin on your face. Just a few drops rubbed in will work wonders and create a lasting layer.
- Sunburn- Apply to skin that has had too much sun to reduce irritation and redness. The oil can also help the skin from peeling.
- Add to facial cream– You can add a few drops of this oil to your facial moisturizer to help it last longer and work even better.
- Reduce oily skin– A few drops helps to balance your skin’s natural oils and restore to normal production and reduce oil.
- Reduce eye puffiness- Apply a drop or two with a cotton ball underneath your eyes to reduce puffy skin.
How to use jojoba oil for hair:
- Hair Pomade– Make this easy hair pomade here using jojoba oil to tame fly aways.
- Cradle Cap- It is safe and gentle to use on children’s skin to eliminate cradle cap.
- Control frizz- Apply a few drops to damp hair to reduce frizzy hair.
- Scalp Massage– Reduce dry skin on scalp by using this oil for a scalp massage.
- Dandruff treatment- Apply a few drops to the scalp and wash off a few hours later. It would be most convenient to do this overnight.
- Dandruff Shampoo- Make this easy Dandruff Shampoo here.
- Conditioner– Add a few drops of jojoba oil to your hair conditioner.
- Post Shower Spray- Dilute with water in a spray bottle and spray all over body after getting out of shower.
- Eyebrow or Eyelashes Growth– This oil is so gentle that you can use it on this sensitive skin area and help hair growth.
- Hair Growth– Massage into scalp to encourage hair growth. Learn more about essential oils here for hair growth.
Jojoba oil uses for Skin:
- Treat fungal infections in skin- Since jojobo oil has anti-fungal properties, you can use it to treat fungus on the hands and feet, such as Athlete’s foot .
- Homemade Hand Soap– Make a moisturizing hand soap with the DIY soap here.
- Shaving prep- Use jojobo oil before and after shaving to sooth skin.
- Mosquito repellent– This is a great carrier oil that is gentle to use in mosquito repellent sprays.
- Prevent Cold Sores- If you feel a cold sore coming on, apply jojoba oil.
- Seals in moisture and reduces dryness– This is great to use on legs and feet.
- Softens cuticles- A few drops massaged into cuticles will leave you moisturized.
- Body Wash- You can make body wash here using jojoba oil to moisturize skin.
- DIY Men’s Cologne- Jojoba oil makes a great carrier oil in cologne here.
- DIY Perfume- Use this oil as a carrier to make perfume here.
Jojoba oil side effects
This oil is safe to use for topical use and side effects are rare. In very rare cases, some may experience an allergic reaction, rash or skin redness in which case discontinue use.
Let us know which of these jojoba oil uses you plan to try!
You might also like 15 uses for coconut oil.
We have over 15 half up half down hairstyles that anyone can do including busy moms.
Try these other natural ideas:
- Honey Body Wash
- The Best Natural Dandruff Shampoo
- 6 Amazing Essential Oil Blends for Allergies
- All Natural Cocoa Lip Balm
- Essential Oils for Hair Growth
- The Best Natural Dandruff Shampoo
- 25 of the Best Natural Moisturizers
- Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Brown Sugar DIY Body Scrub
- DIY Shaving Cream for Women
- 10 Uses for Vinegar to help save you money
- 20 of the Best Natural Moisturizer Ideas
- How to make makeup remover wipes