Learn how to make homemade bubbles solution for your kids to play with. It is so easy and frugal to make homemade bubbles and your kids will have a blast.
Homemade Bubble Solution
The kids had a blast and the best part, it didn’t cost me a penny! Why have I never done this?
Am I the only one? Well, we have been doing this for years now and the kids love it!
We recently got together with family, and it was beautiful outside. So, we spent most of the afternoon in the back yard. Nana and Grandpa had bought bubbles for the kids. However, bubbles don’t last long at our house.
My mom decided that we would just make more bubbles after the store bought bubbles were gone. I didn’t have a clue how easy it was!
Once you start making your own bubbles you will wonder why you didn’t always do this. It is very simple and a blast to make and play with.
How to make bubble solution:
We just poured a small amount of dish washing soap in a big cup. Then we added a few drops of vegetable oil. This is supposed to help keep bubbles together.
Finally, we filled with water. Stir and enjoy!
Both of these items are very inexpensive. It is so cheap that it will still save you money. You can make a ton of bubbles solution from this recipe.
I think I made this 5 times today, because they were having so much fun making bubbles at home! I am not really a measuring person, but if you are, keep reading for the full ingredient list and instructions.
It is so simple to make homemade bubbles. I don’t mind making lots of batches for the kids to play with. Seriously, this stuff is so easy to make that you can quickly whip up batch after batch!
What do you need to make this Homemade bubble recipe?
How to make homemade bubbles:
- Step 1. Add the cups of water to a mixing bowl or measuring cup that you can combine the ingredients in. Tap water is fine to use to make your own bubble mixture.
- Step 2. Pour the vegetable oil into the water.
- Step 3. Add the liquid dish soap and combine thoroughly.
- Step 4. Finally, stir the bubble mixture in a plastic container and enjoy! It is that easy.
Blowing bubbles is so fun with homemade bubble solutions with bubbles that last longer. It makes really strong bubbles that the kids love.
How to use:
- Homemade Bubble Wands. The kids will also love to make this DIY Bubble Wand. These are so colorful and fun and use pipe cleaners.
Plus, bubble wands are simple to make and help the kids make giant bubbles from the bubble mix. The bubbles work great and everyone will have a blast.
- Storebought wands. You can also purchase bubble wands if you prefer. They come in lots of different sizes and shapes to make big bubbles.
- Bubble Blower. You can also try using a bubble blower. Kids love these and they are so fun for all ages to make a great bubble.
They also are so fun at birthday parties and more. Kids love seeing the constant flow of bubbles.
Why we love bubbles:
- There is just something so fun about bubbles. It does not seem to matter how old you are!
- They are fun and whimsical and just all around a blast. They are so simple to make and everyone loves them.
- You can put out a a bubble station with lots of different wands and bubble solution. Let the kids make bubbles and they will have so much fun.
- It is great for parties, cookouts and more to keep the kiddos busy and entertained. Plus, it is not expensive at all and saves from buying store-bought bubbles.
- We love activities that are easy to put together, only require a few ingredients and cost very little to do. You can definitely make your own bubbles solution for very little time and money!
How to store Bubble Solution Recipe:
We just poured the solution into one of our old bubbles containers from the store. Just reuse what you already have.
Another idea would be to store this simple recipe in a mason jar or other airtight container or large jar. Make sure it has a tight fitting lid so it does not spill.
- Corn syrup. You can substitute corn syrup for oil in the bubble mixture. For this variation, use 6 cups water, 1 cup dawn dish soap and ¼ cup of corn syrup.
- Food Coloring. Try adding a few drops of food coloring to the mixture. Just keep in mind that the results will vary based on the color of dishwashing liquid used as well.
We just kept it really simple and the soap bubbles turned out perfectly. The kids thought it was so cool that we could just make more and more solution at home!
I was thrilled as well because it kept them entertained for awhile and for such a little price tag. Plus, we never left home but had a blast and the kids were entertained.
Print the instructions for Homemade Bubbles:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons dish washing liquid
- Stir bubble mixture in a plastic container and enjoy! It is that easy.