Learn how to make slime without borax. We have 2 great ways to make slime and the kids will love it! Plus, this is so easy.
How to make slime without borax
We showed you how to make slime with borax and now it is time to learn how to make it without! The kids love to make slime and it is so fun to have different options.
If you want to make slime but don’t want to use Borax. We have 2 great ways to make slime without needing to use Borax.
Try it today and see how easy it is. The kids will have a blast and you only need a few simple supplies!
What can you use instead of borax?
You can use contact solution that has boric acid as one of the ingredients. You can also use liquid starch. We are going to show you how to use each of these to make slime without borax.
Let’s get started!
How do you make easy slime?
- 6 oz of Glue
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon Contact Lens Solution (Make sure to use one with boric acid in it. This is super important!)
- Put the glue in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the baking soda and stir until combined
- Then slowly mix in 1 Tablespoon of the contact lens solution and stir until a slime is formed. Once the glue starts pulling away from the edge of the bowl and is sticking to the spoon, remove the slime from the bowl.
- Knead with your heads until the slime is the consistency that you prefer.
Pro Tip: You can use color glue like we did or you can add food coloring to white glue or clear glue prior to mixing in the contact lens Solution.
How to make slime without borax or contact solution?
THE SECOND WAY:
- 6 oz of Glue
- ¼ cup Liquid Starch
- Add the glue to a small mixing bowl.
- Slowly add in the liquid starch until the slime starts to form. Once the glue starts to pull away from the bowl and sticks to the spoon, remove the glue from the ball.
- Knead with your hands until the slime is the consistency that you prefer.
Pro Tip: If your slime is too sticky, mix in more liquid starch. If your slime is not stretchy enough add lotion until the slime is the consistency that you would like.
The kids will love making this slime!
It is a great slime DIY when you don’t want to use borax. Whether you are out or just prefer not to use it, try one of these 2 ways for a great slime activity.
There are so many slime recipes and making homemade slime really is a blast for kids. You can use school glue such as white glue or clear glue or glitter glue. So many fun options!
Slime also works as science experiments. If you are hesitant to let your kids try slime, don’t be. It is not difficult and a ton of fun.
Check out these other easy slime tips:
I like to store the slime in a mason jar or ziploc baggie to keep it fresh. You can use what you prefer.
This slime is so fun to make that the kids will love playing with it!
If your slime is too sticky, mix in more liquid starch. If your slime is not stretchy enough add lotion until the slime is the consistency that you would like.
To help you out, we have a developed a list of the Best Slime Supplies to make the Best Slime!
From elmer glue, shaving cream, various color glitter and more, you can make any slime recipe you prefer. Choose the type of slime that you want to make and get started.
Learn how to make your slime turn out perfectly every time with the Best Slime Activators. Find out how to make slime activator that is so easy and works great.
You can also learn How to get Slime out of Clothes and it is so easy.
We have so much fun with DIY projects!
If your kids love to make slime, they will love to learn how to make floam! Your kids will be amazed and have a blast making this.
Learn how to make Homemade Playdough Recipes that your kids will go crazy over. It so easy to make homemade playdough and you can easily make scented, edible, glitter and more varieties of playdough at home!
If your kids love playdough, they are going to go crazy over this Color Changing Homemade Playdough Recipe.
It is so easy and frugal to make homemade bubbles and your kids will have a blast.
Learn how to make glue and save a ton of money on your craft projects. This is super easy!
Elmer’s glue slime is super easy and fun for another great slime recipe to try.
Glow in the dark slime takes slime to a new level and everyone will go crazy over this fun slime.
Learn how to make floam! Your kids will be amazed and have a blast making this.
We are going to show you how to make fake snow with just 2 simple ingredients.
Try of of these other fun slime ideas:
- How to Make Slime for Kids that is Calming
- Glitter Slime – How to Make it in Minutes!
- How to Make Fluffy Slime
- DIY Chalkboard Slime
- The Best 2 Ingredient Slime
- Color Changing Slime
- Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime
- How to make color changing slime
- How to make galaxy slime
Try these other easy crafts for kids
- Easy Homemade Playdough Recipes
- Easy Kid’s Valentine Cards They Can Make at Home
- 25 Boredom Busters for Kids (to do indoors)
- Tissue Paper Crafts for Kids
- 10 Fall Activities for Kids
- 20 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
- Seashell crafts for kids
- 20 Easy Summer Paper Plate Crafts for Kids
- 25 Water Activities for Kids
- how to make floam